Where: InPetro Energy, 2418 N Frazier St #103, Conroe, TX 77303
When: Friday, February 11, 2016, 10AM – 12:15PM
Come join UHSPE for a company tour and meet InPetro Energy’s president this Friday at their technology center! Along with the president, 3 top representatives with InPetro Energy will be providing a unique tour on their patented Measurement While Drilling (MWD) tools. This tour will give you an opportunity to network with professionals and learn more about the technology that is dominating the drilling segment in the industry. If you would like to take advantage of being an SPE member then please register through the Google form below to attend the tour.
Note: This tour is limited to only 20 SPE members. A light lunch will be served afterwards.
10:00 – 10:15 Introductions, Overview of tour (Jason Wackett)
ENSURE PPE is discussed, although we won’t need it as long as back area is marked off and forklift it outside
10:15 – 10:45 DD Innovations Inc. Facility Tour – Jim Bush and Tim Curran
- Tools from the 90’s still the flag bearer of the industry: Reasons around the positive pulse design, why they are still the standard today and limitations moving these tools to end of the technology life cycle. (Tim Curran)
- The emergence and dramatic growth of electromagnetic telemetry in 2004-2006: Shale oil boom began pulling this technology to market. We will look at the reasons behind this, the development of the technology and limitations and lessons learned. (Jim Bush)
10:45 – 11:45 Tour of Inpetro Energy Tech Center – Jim Bush, Jason Wackett and Dave Switzer
- Bigger rigs, more aggressive bits, harsher drilling environments lead to another technology shift: The introduction of a radical idea and overcoming the obstacles of bringing technology to market. (Jim Bush)
- Overview of Unified telemetry: What higher data rates and new technology means to our changing industry. (Jim Bush)
- How a directional module works (Dave Switzer)
- Software solutions being added to the equation and how data can be utilized to make the difference in an always improving Well Prog. (Tim Curran)
11:50 – 12:15 Light Lunch – Hosted by Jason Wackett